Monday, May 30, 2022

Fearing Listening To The Current's Memorial Day Block-Rockin' Weekend

And I have listened to it off and on since it started at 10 a.m. Friday morning.  The radio station, what I guess you'd consider to be the alternative music station of Minnesota Public Radio, has done this for many Memorial Weekends now, and I enjoy it, I truly do.  In fact, I am sure I have listened to The Current this particular weekend moreso than any previous one.

And yet I ... don't want to listen to it for the rest of night.  Why?  Because it signals the end of the long weekend, one that I really needed to just ... get away from people and the world, you know?  I usually hate the last evening of a long weekend.  I get extremely selfish at times like this.  It feels unfair to me I can't have more days off than the extra one I already get.  Does this really have anything to do with The Current?  No.  It's just a ... well, a trigger, I guess.

Now that I've said all this, I probably will listen to it tonight, possibly till the very last block around midnight.  See this Memorial Day Block-Rockin' Weekend to its death ... and then I have to go back to work, ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment