Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Spoiled Bread, Just Like That? (Scheduled Post)

So on Wednesday I bought a small loaf of Italian bread that I would make sandwiches with on days I didn't want to spend money.  I already had the deli meats and cheeses; now with the bread, I can make sammies whenever I wanted to.  It's just that I never got around to even wanting to make sandwiches until last/Tuesday night.

And I was finally ready to make myself a proper sandwich!  I got out the cutting board and the knife, and I finally unwrapped the bread ... and I see this dot of mold right on the surface.  You gotta be fuckin' kidding me.  Checked online just in case if I could just cut off the visible mold on top of the bread.  Nope; since Italian is soft bread, the roots of the mold could be all over the loaf by now.

So I bought it on Wednesday.  The label says that the sell-by date was Friday, for whatever that's worth.  And so mold has begun to spore on it by Tuesday?  In just four-to-six days??  Doesn't spoilage like that seem a little quick, even for freshly-made bread???

Well, whatever.  I ate the deli meats and cheeses by hand (not all of them though; I hope they still keep for the next few days because I don't think I'm buying bread anytime soon) because I got no bread.  And tomorrow I'll throw that whole loaf in the trash.  It was only $1.50 or so, but it's still a waste of food and money.  And it went bad in less than a week?!  I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment