Friday, May 12, 2023

Sister and I went to our Grandmother's gravesite; it's something she should do before she leaves, and it's something I haven't done in a long while even though I live here.

She asked me if I had my Swiss Army knife with me.  She later told me, once we got home after our evening going to the cemetery, the Megamall, and this emporium I often go to, that she wanted my knife to cut the stems of the flowers so it'd suck in the water better.

I told her, back when she asked me at our Grandmother's plot, that I didn't have it with me.  But once I was home and just chit-chatting with my sis, I reached into my pocket and pulled out my Swiss Army knife.  I had absolutely no idea that I put it in my pocket.  But I remember how: Wednesday night, after we visited our cousin, we had to take the trash and the recycling out.  She wanted me to recycle this big box, since broken and smelly (the latter according to her), but I had to break it down first.  She didn't want any bugs that might be living in there to stay in-house, so I took out the box to break it down, and so I had to go back inside to grab my knife.  Once I broke down the box, I shoved it into my pants pocket.

Totally forgot, which is not the end of the world.  But she had a slightly out-of-this-world favor to ask, and it just so happened I had exactly what she wanted, and I couldn't help her.  Now the flowers are going to be suffocating for water just because I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment