Wednesday, May 31, 2023

And Now It's Too Hot

It's summer now.  Had eighties earlier this week, it reached 90 yesterday, probably hit 90 today, and we'll be around that temp through the weekend.  I can remember not too long ago when it was cool enough to wear a jacket, and it was early last month where we had snow.

Speaking of snow ... I want to reiterate that I don't miss the snow, especially the freak spring snow that is so wet that it started melting as soon as the strong-angled sun hit it, thereby preventing the snowblower from blowing it onto the grass.  The cold?  I don't miss it, but I also want to reiterate that I prefer the cold over the heat and humidity we have now.  Like I have said before, if it gets too cold, I can add layers of clothing; if it gets too hot, I can't tear off my skin so my bones can cool off.  It's pretty damn hot as I type this.

In preparation for my colonoscopy, I have been ordered to drink a lot of water.  I have drank so much yesterday and today that I am now drooling through my mouth as a default.  I guess it's good that I have to drink water now that it's hot.  If it were cold, I might be more hesitant to drink so much water than I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment