Monday, May 22, 2023

Time To "Clean"

My folks come home this week and I really haven't done anything to clean up.  I have not hired one of my stripper girlfriends to clean the house because they've been gone only a month.  If they bitch, I'll tell them that I'm not going to do a deep clean if they're only going to be gone a month.  But I should clean up some things: Take my stuff back to storage; wash the dishes and the clothes; finish doing the laundry my sister left; and clean up the common areas (dining room table, kitchen, bathroom) a little bit.  Those things I haven't done, at least not yet.

I thought about doing them this weekend, which I had totally free.  But then I started to piece together things I wanted to do: See my friend in his musical; see another friend at her jewelry display; see a United away Match at a watch party with fellow Loons fans; and going out to eat ice cream because dammit, this was a beautiful weekend and why in the hell would I want to stay cooped up at home?  So yeah, I decided to do the things I wanted to do instead of the things I should have or could have done.  I washed my sister's bedsheet.  That's it.

Now I have several days left to make up for it, but I've gotten to the point where all the stuff I should do has combined with a shortened-enough period of time to compel me to panic.  Plus I don't know if I'm going to do anything today/Monday because I want to work on my receipts instead (and Monday is my long day at work), and the same thing goes for tomorrow/Tuesday because I plan on seeing yet another United FC Match at the same place I watched that miracle Win Saturday night.  So I do have some of Wednesday, which I have off because I need to get the rest of my teeth cleaned in the afternoon (and I'm going to bring in my car for some repairs in the morning), plus the evening of Thursday before they come home.  Will I finish "cleaning" in time?  I'll just have to see if I have that in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment