Monday, May 8, 2023

The Car Is Getting A Workout

What I suspected, and feared, as my sister stays for the week is coming true: My car is going to get a workout.  She drove all the way to my brother's place to spend the afternoon with my niece and give her her belated birthday presents from the family.  That's 45 minutes there and back.  And that's just the start.  She obviously has family and friends she wants to see, and they're scattered all throughout the Twin Cities.  I don't know if she's even tall enough to reach the pedals of the minivan, plus I don't know if she feels safe in a 23-year-old minivan.  So, unless she wants to stay home one of these days this week, she's going to take my car while I take the minivan to and from work every day this week.

I don't mind.  My car was just worked on, and besides the rear shocks and the battery cables getting a little creaky (so says the mechanic I just tried for the first time a couple weeks ago), it's as good as it'll be.  But I am dying to check the oil to see if it's leaking like I'm paranoid that it is.  And besides, that car is going to go all over the place, so the miles on the odometer will be ticking like no one's business.  My sis is going to give it a workout while she's here.  And hopefully it'll stay strong by the time I take her to the airport ... which is over half an hour away ... in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment