Monday, December 18, 2017

The Rescue Tape's Ridiculous, Tortured End ... Or Is It?

OK, so I promised that if I get to work and I still hadn't received any word on the delivery of the Rescue Tape, I would demand it be sent back and my money and AmEx points back.  So once I went online, not only did it say it hadn't reached the Amazon box yet, but it was, in fact, lost.

Amazon apologized online, but that was it; at just before ten, I cancelled the order.  Or I returned the item.  See, before I tried to cancel the order but I couldn't because it was too late.  Here, I tried returning it, even though I hadn't really received it yet, but I tried returning it because I already tried cancelling it and that didn't work.  But they said I couldn't return it.  So I went back to this page and tried cancelling it and, for some fuckin' reason, it worked.  I checked back on the page and apparently I have refused the tape, and then, in another line, the order was cancelled.  Fuck if I know.  I chatted with someone online to make sure the cancellation or return request or whatever the hell you call it went through and that I would get my AmEx points back, and some representative from India or Bangladesh assured me that would be the case.  Sure!

And then the goddamndest thing: I get an e-mail from Amazon saying the Rescue Tape is finally at the Mall Of America.  I get this message (which wasn't texted to me, by the way) about 90 minutes after I filed my cancellation/return request.  Now, there is a small of me that still thinks I should just pick this one up and return the used-to-be-lost Rescue Tape I bought at the store.  But nah, I've been fucked over so bad by Amazon in this case that I'm just going to let my request stand and just leave the roll in the box.  By Thursday they're going to pick it up.  I'm going to get a refund (that's what Amazon says, at least), and I'm going to go home tonight to hopefully patch up these pipe leaks for good, and I will finally get this horrible episode behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment