Wednesday, December 27, 2017

OK, Today Is Decision Time

Still kind of in a panic over not being able to line up work after I lose my job Friday.  (Still so fucking unfair.)  But I have an interview lined up with a different department this (Wednesday) afternoon.  Taking this seriously enough to wear a suit, though not a tie.  Also, I'm going to wear my long underwear beneath.  Plus, I will not brush my teeth, although I have already taken a shower.

I wonder about the details of this position.  I have been told it's temporary, which is bad news for me.  If it were a full-time job, or even temp-to-hire, I would totally pounce on it.  But in the meantime one of the test scoring places has asked me back on a project that begins on the 15th and lasts into May.  If this job I'm interviewing for significantly pays better and/or lasts longer than four months, I'm going to say no to the test scoring place.  If not, well ...

See, I'm torn.  If I turn my back on this job, I might never come back to this place ever again.  The job I'm doing right now has one thing I need to do.  Just one.  And my boss warned me there might be not be things I need to do.  That's why he's cutting me loose earlier than I'm supposed to.  And who knows if there is going to be work at this new job?  Another advantage to the test scoring place: It's closer.  Oh, and there might be overtime.  Then again, there's a chance I'll be cut loose at that job, too.  There are times when there are no papers to be graded, and if that's the case, we just don't work.  I think we'll stick around till May, but are we going to have solid work straight through?  If I'm honest with myself, I don't know the answer to that.

Regardless, depending on what solid answers I get in the interview tomorrow, a lot of things should be cleared up, enough to allow me to make a decision on where to work next.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment