Monday, December 25, 2017

I Need This Runner Work

Well, the guys from the Vikings game are not taking Christmas off.  A coordinator for the people doing the game Sunday are looking for people, and he sent out the message today, on Christmas.

No big deal; the game is six days away, so they really can't wait.  But after asking for confirms, he asked if anyone can help on Saturday as well as Sunday.  Now, he sent these messages around 10.  I woke up around 10:45, 11, so I didn't reply to him immediately after he sent those e-mails.  So by the time I went through my e-mail, some other guy said he could do it.

I found that weird because I helped out this guy and crew when they swept through earlier in the season.  And for that game, he did not put out this all-call.  Instead, he e-mailed me personally and asked if I could do it.  It would stand to reason that he would do that again this time, right?  If so, why would he just toss out a request like this this time?

It's gotten a bit stranger still.  I confirmed that I could work Sunday, but then the guy asked me if I could work Saturday as well.  Told him I definitely could, but I thought that guy got dibs.  He said he hadn't gotten a firm commitment from him yet.  Said I could commit now.

Can't put a face to the guy who said he wanted to work both days.  But golly, I could do it.  Please, I could do it.  I need those day's wages.

Man, I sound so desperate, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment