Monday, December 4, 2017

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Sunday, December 3:
  • I spent a lot of money for this period, but I seem to have receipts for many of my transactions.  I just need to go back to Saturday, December 2, when I went to the University of Minnesota's volleyball team's second-round NCAA Tournament game at Maturi Pavilion.  I regularly buy an NCAA tournament program even though 1) it's overpriced and 2) I go through it once at most.  This program is sealed in plastic, and I haven't even opened it yet.  I bought it anyway.  With a hot dog and small Coke: $16.50.
  • Back to Wednesday, November 29 ... went to The Barn to see the U. men's basketball team.  Hot dog and small Coke (no program; I think they sold them all by the time I got there) equals: $8.50.
  • To drown my sorrows over the loss, I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) for tips, coffee, and (in a coincidence that I would have preferred not to happen; I mean, she's great, but I felt pressure to get a lapdance and I had gotten one from her recently) a dance from Jade: $40.
  • Monday, November 27: ***e* said that she was out of money for gifts for her kids, and she was wondering if she could come over to my house and, uh, make some money.  I accepted.  I needed that.  Cost: $120.
  • On Saturday the 25th, after working out, I remembered that Blue Sun Soda Shop was running one of the periodical sales for their Whistler pops, so I went before the Golden Gopher volleyball game.  One bottle, minus deposit: $1.06.
  • The game.  Lost to Penn St.  Hot dog, small Coke (again, like with the men's b-ball contest, so many people were there that they ran out of programs): $8.50.
  • After the loss I drowned my sorrows at Glam Doll.  The person there gave me one donut and my pour-over coffee for free.  Aw!!!  The other donut plus tip and it came out to steal at Glam Doll Donuts: $1.75.
  • Thanksgiving ... before pigging out on turkey, I did my annual tradition of exercising at the community center, which is open for 2 1/2 hours each morning.  Seems strange that it would be open on Thanksgiving only for that long.  Either extend it to, like, four hours or don't open at all, you know?  Anyway, I realized that my monthly pass expired, so I bought another month on this day: $15.
  • Wednesday the 22nd -- stopped by the Mall Of America after work, and it's that time of year again: the Salvation Army bell ringers and their kettles.  I forgot that they seem to be out in force earlier and earlier every season.  On my rush to get in, I couldn't find a quarter, so I gave instead the only coin I could grab out of my back pocket: 5 cents.
  • Because I had the next day off, I went out on the town in the evening.  I first went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version).  Got a dance from Kelsey, which is weird because the last time I saw her there, I asked for an LD, but she blew me off and sat with someone else instead.  She kind of apologized when she approached me, saying that she promised that guy a dance first.  Uh, OK.  It's nothing spectacular, but we haven't been getting along, so I offered a seat as a peace offering.  With coffee and tips: $30.
  • Sunday, November 19: As I was working the Vikings game I had to run to the hotel to get a suitcase.  When the bellhop loaded the luggage I was about to take off, but then I remembered that bellhops usually get tipped for stuff like that.  I'm so bad when it comes to etiquette.  So before I climbed back into the SUV I went back and gave the guy: $2.
  • After the game I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) for coffee, tips and a dance with Katie, who is one of the veterans who still dances there from time to time.  She said there was a party in my town that she was working.  I went the house on the night she said the party was going to be held, but I didn't see anything.  Total: $30.
  • On Saturday the 18th I was watching my alma mater's last regular-season game downtown.  With tip the meal came to: $713.
Good through December 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment