Friday, December 8, 2017

Four Pizzas? Not A Good Idea At My Advanced Age!

In another sign that I'm not the young man I was twenty years ago, ... yesterday (Thursday) at work we had a going-away lunch for someone from the team who took another job.  The head of the team brought in pizza.  A local joint, had them once before, greasy and messy and therefore awesome.

I forgot, however, how big one of their large pizzas was.  But hey, great -- big food and free!  So I took one and then another and then a third and whoa, I feel something aw heck never mind and then wait ... I should just sit and talk to people -- OK, I'm good and then a fourth and then my hour was over and I can't get up and my stomach is going to burst through my pants and even pop a button but hey at least I think I can take a dump now.  (And I did.)

When I was 18, and maybe even 25, four supersized slices of pizza was no problem.  Now, big problem.  And still, in my heart of hearts, I feel like I'm 25.  I still feel like I can eat so much pizza and not have it affect my waistline, let alone my day.  I still feel it's my obligation to eat as much pizza as I can.  Those are delusions now, but I still cannot face them.

Wow, to have such a profound and morbid epiphany over a friggin' pizza party.

No comments:

Post a Comment