Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Pains Of Homeownership

Oh, fuck me.  My Father warned me about a pipe that's leaking, and it got really bad.  I didn't notice it, however, till just now, when Mother wanted me to go to her office to get something for her.  I have to pass by the furnace and the boiler along the way, and that's where I saw a steady rivulet of water emanating from this problem pipe.

I tried to do what Father told me to do: Stick a piece of tape in it and clamp it shut.  Didn't work.  In fact, I think it's gotten worse, although unclamping the first clamp that was already there may not have been the wise thing to do.

So I'm going to give it a day.  Meanwhile, I have a wastebasket to collect all the water.  Hopefully it won't be full by the time I wake up -- that is assuming I can fall asleep now.

Father said that if worst comes to worst, to call Uncle.  I may have to do that ... assuming all hell doesn't break loose this time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment