Saturday, December 30, 2017

Two Experiences Stemming From The Irredeemably Cold Weather

Gave myself the possibility of sleeping in this morning, but my body clock was too attuned to waking up at 6, so I was still up by 8, so I figured I would drive downtown to watch some EPL.  But I noticed that the roads were pretty greasy.  Thought I could drive it, however ... until I saw the car in front of me, which moved over to the right lane of the two-way close to my house, swerve to the left, right in front of me.  The driver overcorrected and started spinning backwards, and finally careened through the right shoulder and into the ditch.  It was in a spot not too far from my house.

Stunned, I finally realized I should pull over to call 911.  I then took side streets all the way into downtown.  Didn't care that I was seven minutes late.

---

That convinced me not to go exercise and instead sleep.  And even though I woke up refreshed in the morning, I slept 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon.  Ah!

But the heater was on the whole time, and I may have arisen because it got too hot in my room.  So I've been up ever since I turned the heater off.

Shortly after I did that, I heard some massive gurgling sounds from the heater.  Checking the Internet real quick, it seems as though that could derive from sediment at the bottom of the heater, the solution to which is to drain it.  None of the sites I've looked at take into account the fact that I've shut off the main water valve.  I'm scared to death that the gurgling sounds are because it doesn't have enough water, and thus is heating up real bad.

If my house blows up, you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment