Monday, December 18, 2017

Oh Shit, The Rescue Tape Debacle Gets Better

So I decided that I was going to return the Rescue Tape I bought at the hardware store because I didn't want to go through the potential hassle of returning the Rescue Tape I ordered through Amazon with the mighty help of American Express points.

It never, never occurred to me that Amazon would be late with their delivery.  But they were.  I was waiting around at 8 o'clock, the time that damn company said my product would be at their secure pick-up boxes and would give me a code to open that box.  That text would never come.  Fearing that I had someone asked that the code be e-mailed to me instead of texted, I went down to the Microsoft Store to check my e-mail just in case.  And there, after clicking on tracking my item, it said that there had been a delay.

Again, I never thought that such a thing could happen.  It's fucking Amazon, for crissake.  But after boxing myself in by not believing Rescue Tape was being sold at retail, I had been similar fucked over for assuming this would be delivered on time.  And even worse than that?  The Rescue Tape I already bought I left at work.  Why?  Shit, I didn't need it, that's why -- I had another roll coming through the magical world of logistics!

I could have patched up (or tried to patch up) the pinhole leaks in the pipe Saturday if I really, really wanted to.  I definitely thought it would be Sunday, if I wasn't so dead tired after the Vikings game.  And if I brought that tape home, I would have totally changed my mind and told Amazon, "Shove it, keep it, it's too goddamn late."  Hell, if I had gotten it a day later, on Sunday, I still would have been pissed at least because I paid a premium to get it shipped within a day.  Now it hasn't shipped in two.  I could have brought down the price of the roll if I had known beforehand it wouldn't have gotten to the Megamall before the weekend was over anyway.

So my initial thought of demanding the difference in shipping price because it was going to arrive Sunday instead of Saturday has now made me think about returning the Rescue Tape that got here way too late.  Maybe.  The tape I bought is still at work, so the earliest I could try and patch up the pipe -- well, the night I would patch up the pipe, this not having water bullshit has gone on way too long -- would be tonight/Monday night.  But what happens if the package arrives?  I then would be back to having two rolls of Rescue Tape.  I initially thought that I would get to work and check on the status of the item, and if it still hadn't arrived, then I would take steps to cancel it and raise holy hell about getting my money and my points back.  But this is a case where I could, unfortunately, be very flexible.  I won't know how I feel, and what I would do, until it happens.  I sometimes hate that about myself, but that's what I think I would do and not do.

---

In the meantime, however, even I thought it was too long to have not taken a shower, so I was desperate enough to go to the community center where I exercise -- not to exercise, although I did do that, but to use their shower.  It is a dingy, grody shower, and one of the two stalls only gives out cold water.  But I really, really wanted to wash myself after getting all sweaty during the Vikings game and to finally wash my too-long hair.

But the other stall was only spewing cold water also, much to my surprise.  I was already naked in there, so it was too late to back out, but I soaped up my pits and my genitals and toughed out the cold water pelting me and washing the soap away.  (And I am glad I totally dried myself and got dressed before these guys from the pick-up hockey game walked all the way down the hall from the rink in order to use the shower.  I really didn't think anybody would be there, but here came three guys with towels around their waists, headed to the locker room I barely escaped.)  Wasn't able to wash my hair, so I've got dandruff out the wazoo.

I am determined to use the tape to fix the leaks tonight/Monday night because this shit has just gone on way too goddamn long.

No comments:

Post a Comment