Saturday, August 17, 2019

Worried About Father

They got home fine.  Once I got home, the first thing I saw was Father ambling up the stairs with a jacket on.  Told me I could eat dinner whenever (even though later Mother told me we were eating together).  But he was shivering and walking really slowly.  Asked him if he was OK; he said he was a little tired.  I can understand that since they my parents had to sleep in the airport and wake up to take a flight after only several hours (and after a day of being diverted to a different city [New York City instead of Washington] for a few hours before getting to their stop city).  But still, I am worried.

You know, once I understood the concept of death, I am absolutely sure that every day, I have had at least a millisecond-long thought that everyone I know in my life would die.  Some thoughts last longer than that, and some thoughts are more haunting than that.  And right now, I am having one of those thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment