Thursday, August 29, 2019

Expenses Without Receipt

Starting from Wednesday, August 28:
  • Well, I didn't spend any money on the 28th, and I used my credit card on the 27th, so we go back to Monday the 26th, where I was at the Mensa booth at the Minnesota State Fair, but I got there an hour early to knock off some new foods and drink that I wanted to try: warm cheesecake tart at Lulu's, the No Bologna Coney at Mancini's (a very popular and long-standing place I had never been to before), and a lavender lemonade from the Farmers Union Coffee Shop.  All are recommended.  And all came to a total of: $20.
  • I also went Sunday the 25th, in the afternoon after I got done with work.  It was really dicey: I didn't want to burn a ticket if I didn't have enough time to enjoy myself there, and I gave myself a deadline of 2 o'clock after which I would not go.  But I changed my mind.  I was out of the office at 2:30 and I think I got to the Fair by 3.  I think I spent less than two hours there, and I got jostled by a few dicks in the crowd.  But at least I was able to try the following: Nashville Hot-on-a-stick (Blue Barn), a Berry-Go-Round sour (with tip; Lulu's), and Kentikka fried chicken sliders and the Bhel Puri, a snack mix featuring a bed of puffed rice (both from Hot Indian, which had the Midtown Global Market stall for the first half of the Fair).  Wish the Bhel Puri was in a cone as advertised instead of a tray I was given, but other than that, I loved them all.  Total: $41.95.
  • That evening, after I went home for work and said I was going to work out, I went to St. Paul to see Phantogram and Bob Moses at the Palace Theatre.  First time I've been at this refurbished place, and from the looks of it, it looks as though they are going to keep the chipped and faded interior.  I've wanted to see Phantogram for a long time, and I didn't realize that there are more songs I recognize that are theirs.  By all rights, Sarah Barthel is the heir apparent to Shirley Manson, if you know what I mean.  And this is the second time I've seen Bob Moses -- the first was when they headlined at the Varsity a couple years ago; I was there to see Mansionair, the opener -- and they were much more impressive this time around.  But frankly, I would not be at this concert if it weren't for the fact that it was a Sunday and therefore metered parking is free.  If this were any other day, and unless I'm wrong that my now-favored parking ramp would be more than its usual five bucks, I am not going to pay through the nose just to park my car.  Instead, after the show was over, I got out, hung a left, walked across the street and barely ten feet to the left, got into my car and left.  Instead I just paid for a scalped ticket for the pit and a Coke with tip (I also had a Strongbow, but I charged that), so the concert cost me: $44.
  • Back to Thursday, August 22, the start of the State Fair, which I went to after work because I had to!  I thought about jumping onto some new foods then -- at work I was sneak-reading Rick Nelson (of the Star Tribune) eating all the new foods for ten hours -- but then I figure I should wait until Nelson and all the other local rags published their reviews.  Besides, there were a lot of State Fair staples I wanted to eat, and it made sense to eat them on this night: Pronto Pup, corn, cheese curds, plus the Mediterranean lemonade from Holy Land and a new MinneChocolate pie at the MinneApple stand.  All told, the total monetary damage was: $28.
  • Wednesday the 21st was the final of Da Beauty League.  This was the only game I had time to get to, and I'm glad I did: Tria came back from a 3-0 deficit to beat RBC at the end, 8-7.  There are a lot of NHL players who come to Minnesota to play in this tournament.  Most of them are locals, but for some reason James van Riemsdyk was here to play.  OK.  A ticket, a program, a hot dog, a small Pepsi and a small order of mini-donuts, and I paid: $21.50.
  • Back to Monday, August 19, when Father paid me back for all the medications I got for them, which I put on my credit card.  An Infusion of: $60.
  • To Sunday the 18th ... yeah, this was the day where I bought a ticket to the Social Ciderwerks Freak Fest without recognizing that I would be hired to help out at the Vikings game.  I wasn't going to burn a ticket, but I had to make sure I got there as soon as I can before I had to dip out (am I using that phrase right?) to work.  So that meant that I could work on my computer at Diamonds, scantly across the street from Sociable.  Over less than an hour I had a peach paradise iced tea.  With tip: $4.
  • I then stashed my computer and walked over to the cider spot and chugged my free cider.  Well, I walked around a bit and saw the hawkers ply their wares and saw a little bit of a concert, too.  Some of the stalls were raising funds, so I made donations that totaled up to: $2.
  • On Friday the 16th (the day my parents came home) I decided I was going to go out after dinner.  But first I had to stop by this pool hall very close to me because *****e* was holding this back-to-school supplies drive.  A few other strippers were there, but they were just hanging out, not stripping.  I got in and out because the girls were surrounded by their customers, and I couldn't hang with other men.  I was there five minutes, tops.  My donation: $20.
  • Then went to Wesley Andrews for coffee.  With tip: $4.78.
  • Then went to Glam Doll.  Got a third donut for free, but I think I paid for the first two.  With pour-over and tip, it set me back: $12.26.
  • Back to Wednesday, August 14: There was a United match.  Don't remember if I went home to eat beforehand, but I had just sambusas to go with my Loon Juice.  Total: $23.
  • I then went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) after the tie.  Bud Light, tips and a dance from Cicily and it all came out to: $32.
  • On Tuesday the 13th (and this was before my parents came home) I enjoyed a night at Caffetto.  I had a peanut butter cookie to do with my coffee.  I do not remember the exact amount, so I'm taking a total guess.  With tip: $6.
  • Finally, on Monday, August 12, *****a came by -- not to diddle my cock, like she several days before, but to clean my house.  And she was good, although she demanded a tip on top of her rate, goddammit.  Total: $140.
Good through August 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment