Sunday, August 18, 2019

Seeing Each Other Through Suspicious Eyes

My folks came home just as I had a busy weekend.  I thought I would have at least Thursday and Friday evenings to catch up and talk, but their flight being delayed and them needing to take public transportation to get home and then them recuperating from their ordeal threw all those plans out the window.  I haven't really spoken to them since.

Had a long night last night (told them I was working the Vikings broadcast; I was at a United match, then went for ice cream and then went back to work to eat leftovers -- long story).  Came back home and crashed around 1.  Woke up at around 10:30.  Glory.  I slam the door to my bedroom to wash up in the bathroom.  My parents, who are in the kitchen, look up.  Mother gives a "hmm?" and looks around the corner to my bedroom door.  I apologize under my breath.

And that's how we greeted each other this morning.  Still haven't talked.  Well, not really, besides Mother needing help on printing stuff out at the library yesterday.  There's some squeaking outside as my folks are doing something.  Have to go check out, just to keep the peace between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment