Friday, May 29, 2020

Operation Haircut Is A Go ... I Think

I did some location scouting yesterday/Thursday, a day I had off according to my boss.  I spent the day fucking ****e, but I also went back down to a park close by ****e's place to see a park that had a shelter with a bench and an outlet so I could get a haircut from ****e* in a public, ventilated place.  I was there at this park once before, but I forgot to snap pictures the first time, and I wanted to show ****e* photos of the shelter to see if she's OK with it, and to give her images of what to look for if she drives over to this park so she won't get lost.

Barbershops can open in Minnesota, albeit at a low capacity, starting on Monday.  I figured I'd wait until then to get my hair cut because I think my parents would get freaked out before haircutting places were allowed to open (and thus risk getting the virus under auspices that were "illegal), even though I had told my folks already "my friend" would only cut my hair somewhere outside, so we wouldn't have to wait until salons opened.  Well, for dinner yesterday Mother noticed my long hair and suggested Father could cut it.  "He cut mine!" she said, and you know, I noticed Wednesday that both of my parents' hair seemed a little shorter than I remembered it.  I guess they cut each other's hair.  And frankly, they didn't do a too-bad job.  But I ultimately declined Mother volunteering Father because 1) ****e* is trained in cutting hair and 2) I don't want my parents getting anywhere close to my head.  I hope I don't regret this decision when they die.

Well, since my parents already got their hair cut, I no longer feel as though I have to wait, even though I might as well wait until next week, which is after the June 1 re-opening of barbershops.  Last/Thursday night I sent ****e* pictures of the park and shelter, and she gave her OK.  She was even enthusiastic about giving me a stylish hair cut, even though I just want a buzz cut.

But, and maybe you think about this from time to time, I spaced out my tweets.  I'm guessing people text almost (but not quite) like they talk, with no gaps inbetween.  Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  This time I didn't because I 1) wanted to be on the Internet and 2) was looking at my city go up in flames because of The Floyd Riots.  You can drag the text menu a bit to the right and you'll see timestamps, the times when a text was sent.  And while ****e* was doing a great job immediately replying to my texts (and the photos of my long hair, which she requested!), I did not.  I took 13 Minutes before I replied to her.  She took four Minutes to text back.  And then I took 31 Minutes to get back to ****e*, asking if she can cut my hair next week.  I sent that text just before midnight.  And she hasn't given me a reply.

I feel as though she was waiting for me to get back to her, and because I was taking longer to get back to her, she just gave up.  I feel sad about that, even though I think -- I hope -- she'll just get back to me tomorrow.  Should've been more prompt.  Think I disappointed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment