Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Eavesdropping On My Shrink Session

I have to talk to my therapist over the phone; he's old and we would be in close quarters inside his office otherwise.  But I can't talk to home while I'm at home because, you know, parents.  So I go somewhere public that's private, if you know what I mean.  It's usually a park, and ever since I started talking to him over the phone, I go to the park closest to me.

It's also warm these days.  It doesn't feel warm outside, especially on days when it's windy, such as today.  But if I sit in my car nowadays, it gets pretty goddamn hot.

So, today for my session, I pulled both back windows down to make sure the car was cool before I spoke to my psychotherapist for about 50 Minutes.  I didn't mind the white truck with the camper shell that pulled up to the same parking lot before my sesh began.

After I got done talking I decided I needed to get my walk in -- just to the end of this very short trail and back.  And as I got out, I look at the bench next to the playground (there's a playground at the front of this park) ... and oh, the driver of the truck and his dog are just sitting there, maybe, oh, at most 40 Yards away?

He heard everything, didn't he?  My bickering parents, me going to fuck ****e -- all of it?

Should've pulled my windows up.  Goddammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment