Saturday, May 9, 2020

Raising My Hygiene Game

Actually, you know, there is something I want to talk about, and have wanted to talk about and forgot.

Ever since The 'Rona started and the state has been on relative lockdown, I have showered, brushed my teeth, and used my mouth rinse with some regularity.  The spread of the virus convinced me that I needed to shower every day after I got home from work to ensure that none of it stayed on my skin.  I think the teeth-brushing and mouthwash-using flowed from that re-dedication to cleanliness, although knowing that dental clinics (up until now) were deemed non-essential and thus closed to accepting patients meant that a semi-annual cleaning may not be available in order to save my teeth from my neglect, and so I had to, finally, take the maintenance of my teeth into my own hands.

It's not as much of a pain-in-the-ass as I once thought it was.  Honestly, I know I should be doing all of those things every day, but I give myself sort of a break and skip it for one day on the weekend.  (And I know that you're supposed to brush your teeth twice daily -- don't push me.)  But even though my anxiety over getting the virus has sort-of subsided, the habit of cleaning myself has taken hold.  It kind of has become routine to the point where I just don't think about, I just do it.  Maybe that's a good thing, and maybe I'll continue to do and think that after All Of This Is Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment