Friday, May 22, 2020

I'll Work ... Wherever And Whenever You Need Me

Today begins the first week-plus of a weird schedule at work.  I am filling in for someone in a different department today, and that different department is weird these days in the sense that it's, well normal.  This department, for lack of a better word, is required to be staffed for much of the day to assist with other departments.  Yet, the people who are working there (and their substitutes, such as myself) are now working part-time hours.  Therefore, unlike my main department, where people are just working half-days, it's easier for people in this department to work two whole days and one half-day.  That is what I will be doing today.

Which means I am waking up at my normal time, which is super early.  And as someone who has enjoyed waking up 90 Minutes later than I usually do (even though I still get woken up by alarms and/or My Father), I'm not sure I'm going to like getting up at 6.  Hell, a part of me is afraid that I won't get up at all.  Maybe eating peanuts and drinking the coffee I got yesterday morning at McDonald's just before going to bed isn't the smartest thing to do.  Blog posting this with 5 1/2 Hours before I am planning to wake up may also not be the smartest thing to do.

I am also filling in for someone (same department) Sunday, just an hour earlier.  Waking up at 5 sucks, and going to bed early on Saturday also sucks.  That might be made up the rest of the week.  I will have Monday off for Memorial Day.  Moreover, I am filling for another person on the third department I work in next week.  Those days are half-days, and unlike my main department, I am covering afternoons.  That allows me to sleep in ... which I might do one day.  I'll probably talk to my therapist another day, and wake up early another day to get an early lunch.  Oh, and I have Thursday off, and I hope to find a girl I can get down with.

In other words, things are going to be weird, weirder than they have been.  Maybe I should go to bed now.

Oh yeah -- I just checked my mail because I need to check my hours for unemployment.  Yesterday afternoon, well after I left work, my boss -- surprise, surprise! -- asked me if I could fill in for yet another person Saturday.  Being a good soldier, I said yes.  Cobbling together this schedule makes me feel like I'm back full-time!

No comments:

Post a Comment