Sunday, May 31, 2020

We Have A Hard Rock Cafe Rag Now

So I was going outside to the back deck, either to help close the door or just step out for some fresh air.  I was looking down, either to change shoes or because I was spacing out.  There was a rag down there, a white one, folded in on itself.  My parents rarely throw things away, especially when it comes to, uh, fabric that is there just to pick up dust and food particles or to be stepped on.  I thus wasn't going to think anything of it ... until I noticed that there were words on this rag.

And the words were ... "LAS VEGAS."  In a font that I recognize instantly: It's my Hard Rock Cafe shirt.  I unfolded it to see holes in much of the front, and a slightly ripped and frayed collar.

I didn't flip out.  In fact, I'm not mad.  I hope that I don't have a reason to be mad.  I collect Hard Rock shirts.  I have dozens, many of them going back decades, and I continually wear them, and so they naturally start to get beat up, if not torn up.  Therefore I can imagine a t-shirt getting so bad that, as My Father is washing my clothes (he's retired and has nothing else to do), he could make the executive decision to turn that t-shirt into a rag.

The only problem I have is that I cannot recall ever noticing holes or wear on my HRC LV tee.  I never thought to myself, "Shoot, you're so old I might need to get a new one."  I could be wrong; maybe I didn't notice.  But I wouldn't like it if Father decided to render a t-shirt useless that had little to nothing wrong with it.

I'll let it slide.  Hey, he could have just thrown it away.  In that case, there would be a good chance I would not have noticed that I lost my HRC LV t-shirt.  Now, I just have to go to the Hard Rock in Las Vegas and buy me a new one.  I'm a grown man, I have some money -- I can afford to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment