Thursday, May 21, 2020

Summer Started Yesterday

How do I know?  For the first time all year, I've been thirsty as a motherfucker.  That typically happens when my body believes it's hot and tells me it needs as much liquid as possible.

What is atypical is that my thirst began as soon as I woke up, which I did a bit past 9 because I didn't have to go to work today.  I felt this was the only time for a long time where I could eat at a place called Hazel's, so I spent an hour getting ready, helping Mother try to call the DMV (and fail), and order online.  But this thirst, plus the need to wash down the sandwich I ordered from Hazel's, compelled me to drive past Hazel's and get apple juice from a gas station.  It made more sense to do that because I needed more money for the massage/handjob I was getting from ****a in the early afternoon.

It was hot.  I don't care if it only reached 78; it was hot.  And even though having lunch only 3 1/2 hours after having breakfast wasn't the smartest thing in the world to do, I certainly was thirsty.  So I went to Popeye's after getting my shoes shined downtown, even though I wanted to eat at a food truck (no one was there; downtown remains a ghost town).  Popeye's has this deal I can't remember, but it was advertised in a commercial, and it was only good between Monday and Wednesday.  I told the teller that I didn't know specifically what it was, but I wanted that.  And I washed that combo down with a lemonade ... a small lemonade, too small to quench me.  So I had to stop at a Cub Foods and get something else -- a kiwi-strawberry Snapple.  I drank it before I got home.

I feel quenched now.  In fact, I finished up the last of the bottle of lemonade I bought at Target last week even though I didn't have to.  My belly is sloshing.  Will I feel thirsty again tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment