Saturday, January 20, 2018

Now I've Got To Worry About This Fucking Snowstorm

In a winter where snow has been hard to come by but whose one or two inches have come at the most inopportune times of the day, we are due to get our first "actual" snowstorm, I'm afraid.  Unfortunately, it's going to be like our other clipper systems in that it'll happen at a shitty, shitty time.

Last I checked, this storm, which had been sailing north enough for us to get sleet, if not rain, has tracked back south.  That apparently means that we will take a direct hit -- at least five and up to eight inches of snow.  Hope to Buddha they're wrong; there's still time to be wrong.

But what may be as bad as how much snow we'll get is when it'll get here.  I've got nothing to do on Sunday besides watching the Vikings lose, but the storm will hit later in the evening and intensify Monday morning.  That doesn't help with having time during the day to shovel and/or plow.  But worst of all is that I have to take my parents to the airport Monday morning on my way to work.  Presuming that the flight will still go on as scheduled (a sizable if, knowing that the snowstorm could be bad), we should take side streets all the way down there.  That might take an hour, maybe 90 minutes, maybe two hours.  And my folks want to be there two hours before their flight, which is at 9.  By God, do we have to leave at, what, 5 in the morning, maybe 4 in the morning, to get there safely and on time?

Will we get there safely?  Hell, can we get out of the driveway?  The snow this time sucks because it's warm enough to have not the dry, blowy snow but the really wet snow -- heart attack snow.  I remember Grandmother trying to shovel the driveway of heart attack snow and, well, she suffered a heart attack.  I guess I should be happy that Father is here to clear the snow, 'cause I am not sure whether I can use the snowblower, and he might not want to do it if the snow is coming overnight.

It's two days out and I'm stressed as fuck over this.

1 comment: