Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Monday, January 15:
  • Well, the salad and the Papa John's I got on MLK Day I have receipts for, so I will go back to Sunday the 14th, where, because the Vikings game was an afternoon game and my body clock is still adjusted to regular people's time, I had the energy (at least in the morning) to bang out my blog post at Diamonds Coffee, just before I had to go to U.S. Bank Stadium.  Still have a free coffee coming, but I paid for a small mocha to wake me up.  With tip it came to: $5.
  • After that crazy finish I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) for the first time in a long time -- like, a month.  Saw Kirah there, which surprised me; I thought the purge swept her away, too.  But it didn't, and with only two girls working the shift that started just as I walked in, I got an LD with her, who was working the previous shift.  And she hit me up for a Grape Ape, which she said cost five bucks when it actually cost $6.25.  Oh, and she got my name wrong, too.  Whatevs, she's still hot.  With the stage tips and coffee for me, the total actually was cheaper than most outings here: $35.
  • On Saturday, January 13 I went to The Local for some EPL.  Sandwich, Strongbow and tip: $13.75.
  • Friday the 12th -- parked downtown in the afternoon to get my shoes shined.  Estimated it to be more than half an hour, which translated to: $1.25.
  • The shiner upped her prices by two bucks, I think, but I gave her the same total: $15.
  • And since I didn't face a line to get my Docs shined, I had time on my meter to eat a doughnut real quick from Bogart's at the IDS Center.  With tip: $3.
  • Went to exercise that afternoon.  There was a tournament going on in the other rink, and so they opened up the concession stand.  It's uncommon for me to eat there, but since I would be starting work the following week (this week) I figure that I would wreck my exercise by eating a pizza there.  With a donation for the hockey organization: $4.
  • Thursday, January 11 ... first morning with my parents home.  There was a snowstorm.  Since my parents got home late, they had no energy to fix me food, so I figured that this would be as good a time as any to wake up in the morning as if I had work and go to this place close by called Roman's, which the site Roadfood touts as a place to get chicken-fried steak and a pancake.  Both of them were very good, and I'm glad I finally got to go to this place.  With tip: $15.
  • Then, since I had nothing to do, I wondered what to do.  I went to the library first to work out my next steps.  I thought about working out, but the snow lingered and even intensified, so I thought that staying off the highway was the best thing to do.  So I went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts that afternoon.  There was no exhibition I thought to catch or anything; I just went to, well, see stuff, get some culture in me.  Donated: $2.
  • To Wednesday the 10th, where I went to a party just before I had to pick up my parents.  It was a dud for many reasons: one of the strippers I wanted to see wasn't there; there was no VIP; the one girl who could have been "fun" could not break away from just talking to other people; one of the three girls was new and scared the shit out of me.  I just got two dances from ********a, whose party I went to because I got in for free.  Even though I didn't have the money, I came in flush with cash.  And yet I only spent: $40.
  • On Tuesday the 9th I went to see Darkest Hour.  I heard some reviews lauding Gary Oldman's performance as Winston Churchill.  I've also seen some reviews that this movie is less of a masterpiece and more like Oscar bait.  I agree with that, totally.  Wish I could say I was enthralled by Oldman, but I wasn't.  He just put in the time to affect his mannerisms, and the costume designer did the rest.  I feel as though he's still the favorite to win Best Actor at this year's Oscars, but it'll be a way to toss a long-respected actor a bone for his body of work, and not a reward for this particular role.  Grade: B, B-?  Ticket, popcorn, pop: $9.67.
  • I finally had the time after the movie to wait in line to get my car washed.  I thought it'd take longer than the 20-5 minutes I waited from the time I got to the end of the line to the time they started vacuuming my car.  Charged the wash, so it's only cash for the tip: $2.
  • This stripper who no-showed for the following night's party works as a barista for this coffeeshop relatively close to me.  Or at least I thought she did ... I went over there after the car wash because I wanted to see if she still worked there, and if she did, to see her in civilians clothes in order to get horned out when I saw her the next day naked.  But after seeing her, even though she was very friendly to me, I am not quite sure if she recognized me from the house parties.  Hmmm.  Pourover coffee -- real good -- plus tip: $4.75.
  • Raced home because ***e* wanted to move up the time to clean my house.  I told her she could do a quick job, but after seeing how much she skipped, maybe that wasn't such a good idea.  Oh, well; as I write this, Father hasn't complained about the house being dirty.  Paid her the usual: $120.
  • Finally, to commemorate my last night before my folks came home, I went to Caffetto to have time to myself.  Apple pie with a small coffee served as my late dinner.  With tip: $6.
Unless I'm missing something, I'm through to MLK, Jr. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment