Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Maybe The Second Impression Isn't Doing Me Any Favors Either

Don't know how or why, but for the past two mornings I have slept in the evening, got up super early in the morning, and fell back asleep just before my alarm rang.  That has made me fight my body in order to fully wake up, and that has caused me to get into my car and out onto the road late.  Might be because of my parents.  Anyway, yesterday/Tuesday I was late by only a few minutes because it took me a fast 40+ minutes to get to work.  But this (Wednesday) morning I was ... uh, more than late to work because of unforeseen traffic.  Well, that and I got out of the house later than the morning before.

So I got here between 8:15 and 8:30.  Luckily for me (I think) is that my supervisor is working from home today.  She hasn't been feeling well, so she told me to follow the instructions she left.  Guess I'm by myself -- for a third day in a row.  That's a good thing in the sense that I haven't got caught by her coming in super-late.

But there is one other person who is supposed to, uh, mentor me.  She's the one who's supposed to be training me.  She should have started yesterday, but apparently she's so backed up that she can't get to me, at least not yet.  I'm kind of surprised that she hasn't even taken the time to introduce herself.  But she may have caught me coming in late.  So I'm going to split the difference and report myself coming in 15 minutes late.  If the person who's supposed to mentor me calls me on it (and who knows if she even saw me), I'll say I may have had my time wrong.

In the meantime, I'll try to work while avoiding getting caught not working.

1 comment: