Saturday, January 13, 2018

Teaching Tape?

So I went to the physical therapist Friday because, after a quick upswing in health, my back was getting worse again.  I know this is a situation where you want to see that person on a regular basis, but I hadn't seen him since October, and I don't know if my new job at the health insurance place would give me the time to see him, so I wanted to make sure I saw him at least this once.

The therapist believes I should see him on the regular; my back was so hurting during our session that I now kind of believe him.  But one of the new things he did to me was apply tape from the middle of my back to just above my asscrack.  This is not that kinesiology tape you see all over athletes.  He told me that this tape is just to reinforce what proper posture is when I sit; whenever I feel a tug in my back, that indicates that I'm sitting wrong.

I'm supposed to take this off in a couple days.  I plan to rip it off at US Bank Stadium after the Vikings lose game.  But one of things that's a huge pain-in-the-ass right now, as I type this, is the wetness this mass of bandages retains after I took a shower.  It is so wet that I am naked right now, lest I get the clothes I will wear wet.  I asked the therapist if it's OK to shower with; he said as long as I don't scrub it, it'll be fine.  But that has nothing to do with it being water-proof or -resistant.  And feeling the moisture on the small of my back, this teaching/training tape is neither.

Just want to make sure this teaching tape dries enough in time for dinner.  And I hope to Buddha neither of my parents notice the tape.  They'll just inundate me with stupid questions if I get caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment