Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Guess Where I Am? The Laundromat!

I had to.  I had things to wash and dry that even I couldn't wait for.  And since the water pipes are leaking out of control, turning the valves on for the hour or so I would need to wash a load, let alone two, would mean that there would be pools of water covering the basement instead of puddles.

So, knowing that I would have time with this forced furlough, I went online to find the best laudromat in the Twin Cities.  Yelp actually has a list of these.  So even though there are laundromats that are closer, I decided to go to one on University in St. Paul, not too far from my psychotherapist's office.  Not only is there an attendant here (well, there should be one; I don't see one here), but Wednesdays washes are a buck off, I think.

I have no frame of reference against which to judge this, of course, but so far, so good.  It's big, there are many machines, I don't have to wait, and it seems clean.  Parking spots are full, unfortunately, although that may be because enough people are taking advantage of two-dollar washes today/Wednesday.  And I'm scared I will find a washer that inadvertently put in bleach so that my colored clothes come out all blotchy.  Finally, as of right now, I haven't moved onto the dryer phase yet, so there still can be hiccups.

But so far, so good.  This could be a lot worse, and therefore, it's not half-bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment