Saturday, January 27, 2018

Where's The Snow?

It got up to 47 degrees yesterday/Friday.  I knew that the warmer weather would eat away at the 8 1/2 inches of snow we got Monday.  But I didn't know it would be so warm, and I was shocked at how much snow melted and evaporated when I got home after the Gopher men's hockey game last (Friday) night.

I kind of thought the snow left after I shoveled it off would be gone, but I didn't think that the snow that blew up against the house on the other side of our stoop would be gone, too.  I could see a bare ring of grass around the tree in the front yard.  And the driveway is virtually free of snow.  Wednesday night, when I finally got around to plowing it, there were still some tracks of snow on the driveway.  Those tracks are gone now.

As much as I want to think that the warm day was the reason, I can't help but think that global warming/climate change is the main culprit.  Snow didn't seem to melt this fast, this way when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment