Monday, January 15, 2018

First Day Thoughts

Well, it went as well it could.  In fact, it was, uh, easy.

Three reasons why:

  1. The person who is supposed to train me was still on vacation, I think, surprisingly;
  2. My supervisor who I will answer to was sick and left in the afternoon;
  3. I did not have access to the software I need to start with my work.
Because we kind of hit the ground stumbling (even after two weeks of furlough, which I kind of could see), my supervisor said that this would be a "down" day.  I'm cool with taking it is, if she is.  But the first time she went over to my desk blindsided me a bit.  The first thing she told me to do in the morning (after giving me a tour of my floor) is to situate myself, see if I could get into all the programs I could in my previous post at the company, and catch up on all the e-mails that accumulated in the two weeks I was gone.  Honestly, I took my sweet time and starting going on the Internet because I needed to order some pizza to bring home for dinner.

That's when she came over to see what was going on with me.  That was almost two hours into the day, and so I might have pushed things, come to think of it.  Uh, so did I make a bad first impression?

I probably made a bad first impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment