Sunday, July 22, 2018

Addendum To: Addendum To: Fucking Driver's License Change

Oh, I need to catch you guys up on the my driver's license.

So, last time (OK, next-to-last time) I talked about it, I talked about refusing to pay full price to get my name corrected on my driver's license because of my principles, goddammit.  Then I spent a few hours tossing my room to find the receipt that would have gotten me this name change for free, to no avail.  OK, we're all caught up.

So I bit the bullet a couple days later and went to the DMV to pay fucking full price to get my name changed.  I don't quite understand this, but what the person who helped me said may have exonerated me.  She quickly looked up the history of my name in their records and, at least according to her, my name has been wrong -- as in my middle name and last name have been transposed -- since 1997.  I'll let you in on this: I had noticed that my middle and last names were in the wrong places for a while now, at least before the license before the license where my parents found out.  But good God, not since 1997.  Guess I still would have needed my receipt to get out of paying full price anyway, but has the state thought that that was my name for the past 21 years???

They told me it would take six weeks to get my new license.  It took more like two months.  I got it through the mail Friday.  I opened it yesterday morning ... "What the hell?!?!"  They got my name right ... and then repeat my middle name at the end.  I don't understand who the fuck no one caught that.

So I had to fucking go to the library/DMV again, birth certificate in hand again, and wait in line to instantly complain about this, and for which I definitely will not need to pay, if only because my paper is tucked into my wallet.  The person parceling out the waiting numbers looked at the mistake on my new driver's license and uttered under her breath, "Idiots."  She immediately sent me to a person (allowing me to cut in line, thank Buddha) so she could make copies of my old (wrong) license, my new (wrong) license, my birth certificate and my change application paper.  She said it'll be two weeks.  I'll give it four.

I still can't fucking believe they screwed it up -- not really again, but the way they screwed it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment