Thursday, July 5, 2018

"Well, Where Would I Go Today?!"

OK, so after I got home from Caffetto I had this tea Mother asked me to drink.  But I was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as I took that cup of tea into my bedroom and put it right next to me on the night table.  So I have this goddamn cup of tea that welcomed me in the morning.  This is on top of the mocha and cookie I planned on eating at Caribou as soon as I leave (I'm blogging this at Caribou right now) and the lunch my folks packed for me.  And my belly is still full of the Bubble-Up and chocolate cake I had late last night.  So I drink it because I have to.  It may have induced me into taking a well-needed shit, but I am fuller after waking up full.

So yes, I am in a bad mood.

Bolting out the door I see the door open; unbeknownst to me, Mother went out for a walk in the early morning.  Hey, at least I don't have to quietly unlock the door.  While putting my shoes on Father, walking into view from the basement, says like he sometimes does, "Going to work?"  (Well, to be fair, he first asked me what time I'm going to be home, to which I reply a time so I can hopefully work out and finally get all these fucking calories out of me.)  He always asks me if I'm going to work.  Well, not always, but enough to annoy me, and enough for me, in my bad mood today, to finally come back at him with a passive-aggressive insult which has more than a patina of truth: "Well, where would I go today?!"  Hey, he has this fucking obnoxious habit of insulting me by asking me a question when I innocently ask him a question.  It's good to turn the tables once in a while.  Hell, I don't do it enough.

Well, I might get shit for this for dinner.  But he deserves it.  Then again, if he catches me here at Caribou not going to work, uh, I'm kind of fucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment