Thursday, July 26, 2018

Swear I didn't imagine this.  I was driving west on Larpenteur Ave. around the party of town where it turns into East Hennepin.  I was trying to beat a green light whose Don't Walk Sign was blinking down from 6 ... 5 ... 4 and then, I swear, it went to 0 and the light correspondingly went to yellow and then red.  Had to slam on my brakes so I didn't enter the intersection.

I have had this occasional thought all my life (again you have to trust me on this) where I would be walking across a busy street with the Walk sign on, and then the Don't Walk sign would blink just once before it would stay on and there would be a green light going the crossways, and since I would be in the middle of the street, I'd get run over.  This is not exactly the same thing, but this is close.  Seriously, how in the hell does a light cut short its Don't Walk countdown?  That's dangerous, and I think that's illegal.  Is someone doing something about this?  Does the city know?

No comments:

Post a Comment