Saturday, July 21, 2018

It's Not How Much You Spend, It's How Much You Save!

Herberger's is just about closing down for all eternity.  There is a huge store in The Mall Closest To Me, and with them advertising that their shit is now 60-80% off (maybe they could have saved some of that money advertising to shore up its bottom line instead), I thought it best to drop by there last evening on my way to Glam Doll.

I was surprised to see so many things still on the shelves.  I know that the announcement that Herberger's was going to liquidate was at least a couple months ago, and seeing that it's selling its stuff for more than half off, I thought the parasitic vultures people seeking a bargain turn into would have picked the place clean.  That is not the case.  Moreover, on a Friday night it was a hell of a lot emptier than I thought it would be.  Contrast that with the St. Paul Macy's closing down several years ago, or better yet, the Macy's in Minneapolis.  It was not too far before they were gone for good, but when I went, both stores already looked abandoned.

I was able to amble around and look at everything that was priced to move.  I then thought about what I needed to buy ... which was nothing.  But dammit, if I have all of this I could buy at prices I won't see for a long time (oh, who am I kidding, stores are dying, I'll be going through another clearance like this again very soon), why not get something?  I mean, who cares if I'm unemployed right now?

You know what I could get?  Another suit.  Unfortunately, suits still seem to be way too expensive for my taste, even though they're 65% off right now.  I also have to see if the suits fit me, and to do that I would need to find my measurements.  Sadly, I thought I had them here in WAF and I can't friggin' find them.  Moreover, even if I can find them or if I could have them determined or if I just bluff my way into so me guesses I then have to piece them together because I did not see any sets together.  In other words, it's complicated.

Besides a suit I guess I could use a dress shirt or two.  Maybe some jeans and/or khakis.  And maybe some nice pants with an easy fly to open so I could flash my dick to strippers.  And see, this is where I drop down the rabbit hole.  I really don't need all these things, but the pull of getting a huge bargain at the expense of a company that's about to destroy itself had already got me dreaming of buying stuff.  Actually I still am dreaming.  I'm dreaming about when I can go back, about whether I can risk holding out to see if Herberger's starts marking prices 90% off or if I should go back sooner and get the stuff I want now before someone else gets them.  I don't generally like shopping and yet, shopping is what I'm thinking about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment