Sunday, July 8, 2018

Forgot About Grandmother

You know, dealing with this alumni club event and working and finding a new job, I totally forgot something I will never live down: I forgot that Grandmother passed away one year ago.  Not today, but maybe a week ago ... or maybe it was two weeks ago.  You know, I don't remember the exact date.  I just know that I am too late for it.

I was afraid that with her gone I would forget about Grandmother.  Memories don't sustain, at least not in my mind.  And that makes me ashamed.

BTW, I thought I was getting her ashes at some point, but I haven't received them yet.  Maybe I should talk to Grandmother's biological grandson and ask him -- if it's not too weird or rude to ask him about Grandmother a little more than a year after she died.

No comments:

Post a Comment