Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Should Start Thinking About My New Job/Life

It's less than a week before I start training for my full-time job.  It still doesn't seem real.  As far as I know, my day-to-day duties largely consist of tasks I have done in my 20-year life as a temp.  In that sense, it won't be much of a departure from what I've been doing.  But then again, this relationship isn't transactional; it's more than that, much more.  They're giving me benefits.  I am getting Paid Time Off (and I have to get up to speed on how that works).  There is a commitment beyond be going there and leaving at the end of the day.  For that I have to give ... something.  Maybe it's more of a focus on what this "relationship" means, moreso than I'm doing now.

At any rate, I'm getting used to this two-week furlough, which means readjusting back into work (even if it's just training) is going to be rough.  I won't have to hide not working from my folks, but actually working, even though this is the start of my ... career?  (Wow, can't believe I just said that.)  I should get my attention straight, shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment