Saturday, July 7, 2018

Um, Actually, I Was Offered The Job

So on my last blog post I complained about not hearing from these people with whom I interviewed, to the point where I thought it was weird that the person who asked me call her back didn't pick up the phone either time I left a message on Thursday.

Well, I tried again while at work yesterday.  And after confirming that they thought the interview went well ... they offered me the job.

Holy shit, they offered me a job.  Like, a full-time job.  And she even said there would be benefits.  This is the first time I've ever been offered benefits.  Hell, this is the first time I've ever been offered a job that wasn't temporary.

So I said ... I need to think about it.  I mean, I should take all weekend to loll through all the things that could go wrong.  In fact, I'll name one right now: The conflicts I have with the weekend.  I did raise this subject with the person I was speaking with and she said we could deal with that after I say yes.  OK, that sounds good with me.  I'm just not sure if she knows the extent of the time I need to take some afternoons.  I told everybody about my work with the Vikings.  I'm not sure if I told them about my alumni club stuff.  Wait ... on second thought, I haven't told them about it.  Well, if the times are what they usually are, in the evening, then that won't be a problem.  But I know that our first game starts at 3 p.m., and that will make it impossible to hew to my regular hours.  I think they're flexible.  I hope to God they're flexible.

You know, I still have until Monday to think about it, but there is no reason I can think of not to say yes.  But I still think I have the right to take the weekend before declaring one way or the other.  I'm just ... shit, I'm just scared.  I've been complaining about not being able to find something permanent, and now that it looks as though I have something, I feel this natural urge to pull away and to run away.  But for God's sake, I can't do that!  That'd be crazy ... wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment