Saturday, October 8, 2022

Finally gave in and turned on the central heat in the house today.  It was 70 last week, but it's gotten colder since.  Nevertheless, it wasn't that cold, or it wasn't cold enough for long enough to turn it on before then.  Besides, I have the space heater; when I am cold, I go into my bedroom and turn it on.

However, this morning, when I went into the bathroom, it was cold.  Checked the thermostat; it was 58.  I wanted to see how cold I could take it, and I didn't blink much last night when it hit 60.  But I think the coldest I have left the house in the dead of winter is 58, and I think it was time to spend some money and turn it on.  But just in case the heat coming through the vents is musty because it's been months since it's been turned on, I turned it on just before I went out to mow the lawn.  I come back about two hours later to see the house has been heated up to 68, which is the temperature we have set ... and it's sunny and "seems" warm outside.  So maybe I didn't need to turn it on.

Oh, and while we'll be in the sixties the next few days, it's supposed to bubble up to 75 Tuesday -- what?! -- before crashing into the fifties after that.  Maybe I'll try to keep the heat off for, oh, the next week.  Saves me money then.

No comments:

Post a Comment