Sunday, October 9, 2022

The iPhone's New Fat Time Numbers

OK, so it's been a while since I updated my iPhone.  But because I wanted to upload a photo, I connected my phone with my laptop and then opened up iTunes, something I haven't done in a long while.  I was prompted to search for an update, I did, there was an update, and I updated it.  Honestly, I'm still confused if this would have happened if I checked for updates just on my phone.  Is it the same?

I ask because the update has brought about something new that I didn't think would ever happen, and frankly it's rocking my world.  Yeah, I know that after updates there aren't just updated security patches and whatnot; there are new formal characteristics that you see.  And yet this time around, a new formal characteristic pops up as soon as I see my screen: The numbers on the time are fat.  Like, real fat.  They used to be skinny, and after every update, those numbers were still skinny.  But now they're fat.  Don't know why they're fat, although there is no law saying they can't be.  But they're fat.  And I'm like, Holy shit.

And still, every time I see the pop-up screen on my iPhone, I'm thinking, Holy shit, those are some fat damn numbers.  It's like ... well ... OK, so LeBron James had "The Decision" on TV, and after he announced that he was leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers for the Miami Heat, the owner of the Cavs, Daniel Gilbert, put out a bitter press release that was just him getting all pissed off about James, but the words in that release were in the very unserious Comic Sans font, and you shouldn't use such a font when blasting a legendary player for leaving your team because people will only notice you are using a goofy font.  Now that I think about it, maybe the numbers are now in Comic Sans.  But the numbers definitely look silly when compared to the vermicelli-thin digits of before.

Have you all updated your iPhone and are getting these fat numbers?  What do you think?  It's weird, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment