Saturday, October 22, 2022

Leaves Done In A Day, Man!

There were a whole lot of leaves that needed to be swept up.  (I have heard that it's better to just leave them on the lawn, but there was too much for me to mow and mulch over them.  I have more than enough, and I need to find time to mow again.)  I needed to clear the gutter, then rake up the leaves together, then put them in bags, then (and I'm not sure if I could just throw them in the trash, but in case I can't) take them to the county compost site.  I really wanted to just sit in my house all day, but with rain coming tomorrow/Sunday night and possibly lasting till Tuesday, I was not comfortable leaving wet leaves on the ground that I still might need to sweep up anyway, so today/Saturday, I worked.

I gave myself tomorrow as well in case I was too tired, but ... darn it, I did it all today.  Over the course of a late morning and much of the afternoon, but with the help of a couple of these scoops that the neighbor across the street lent me (cool!), I was able to bag a dozen bags' worth of leaves (well, two of them were needles from the back yard) and de-bag them at the compost site.  And then I was able to get the minivan washed and cleaned, too!

Have to say, I'm proud of myself.  And I rewarded myself with a hard nap tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment