Friday, October 7, 2022

Addendum To: Damn Box Elders (Sub-Title: And You Will Know Me By The Trail Of Dead)

So the day after I sprayed my front door and some of the front windows with that bug spray, after I got back from work, I saw a litter of dead box elders sitting at the foot of the front door.  All of them.  Dead.  There were some living box elders, though, and I guess they wandered in from somewhere.  I guess all those carcasses didn't deter those living insects from moseying onto the front door.

After I got home on Wednesday (I believe), I used the spray at the side of my house, specifically the south side, the side that gets the sun in the afternoon.  That spot, in particular the south-west side (the south-east side is sort of shaded by trees in my backyard and the backyard of my neighbors), gets riven with box elders in the fall, in particular the window in that south-west side, the one that's in Father's computer room.  They're damn everywhere, and once I chose violence with the box elders at the front door, I decided I might as well continue my bloodthirsty rampage by spraying down the side of my house.

There apparently is a hole, or a slit, underneath the sill of that window in the south-west side.  I made a point of spraying at that opening, just in case they're hiding back there despite the cloudy and cool weather.  I sprayed the other window on that side, the one closer to the south-east side of my house, but then came back to look, just in case.  And there, somehow, I saw a dozen and possibly many more box elders suddenly there, probably coming out from that opening, jittery from the killer bug spray.  Some stumbled to the concrete ground while others flipped over, their nervous system shutting down and taking them down with it.  It was carnage, and it was excellent.

Hope those damn box elders fear me now.  OK, probably not, they're just insects.  But I feel powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment