Monday, October 17, 2022

Do-Nothing Day

Yesterday/Sunday was a do-nothing day.  It's not like I didn't do anything -- I finally got around to looking at an old Onion I was saving from 2011, and I got around to looking at the past few days of mail, plus I wrote something for the ex-club, and I exercised on the stairclimber and lifted weights downstairs.  But it was mostly me eating the frozen leftovers my parents left for me and watching football.

It was important for me to do nothing.  It helps me feel as though I'm in control and not at the dictates of other people.  In particular, I did not open my door for anything.  I did not step outside once.  That is basically, to me, a requirement with a do-nothing day.  I have shut out the world in order to rule the one within these four walls.  And it was bleepin' awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment