Tuesday, October 11, 2022

God May Not Have Answered Antonius Block, But He Sure Did Me A Solid!

I knew there was construction around the Heights Theatre and I knew I needed to get there sort-of early in order to get to the screening of The Seventh Seal because of that.  What I did not anticipate was that so many freakin' people wanted to see the movie, too, so I when I got to the parking lot, there was no parking.  So I had to go to the spillover parking, which was on the street across from the theater.  Got in well in time, but I eschewed getting popcorn and pop because there was a long line at concessions and I didn't want to find a seat in a darkened theater.

Looking back at my car, I noticed a red or pink post on the other side of it.  Didn't think nothing of it.  Maybe I should have, because that's the post that's attached to a fire hydrant.  I parked right next to a fire hydrant, and I didn't even notice.  I didn't notice until I got back to my car after the movie was over.  I instinctively check the passenger side of my car in case someone wanted to egg or damage it (I'm paranoid like that), and that's when I saw the hydrant.  I panic like a mofo, then check my windshield to see if a cop left a ticket for me.  And by the grace of God, there was no ticket there.  I got out of there with a quickness while wiping my brow.

A big theme of The Seventh Seal is the feeling that God does not care about Man's suffering, aka The Silence Of God.  Well, I think he whispered quietly, if not communicated telepathically, to the city police to not drive down that street while the movie was on.  My goodness did I dodge a bullet!

No comments:

Post a Comment