Saturday, October 1, 2022

My Cunning Plan To Eat Republican Food In A Democratic Pub/Bar

Thought I could sneak in Chick-Fil-A into the only soccer pub/drag bar in the Twin Cities and possibly in the world.  Hey, they allow outside food before lunch hours and I had a free biscuit that was going to expire before Monday!

But maybe I shouldn't have asked the bartender to switch a TV to another Match.  When I got in there, all the television sets were set to only one channel and thus one Game, an EPL Game, that was going to start at the top of the hour.  There was another Match, a Bundesliga Match, that had already began, and not to be a dick, but the pub/bar advertised on social media that that would be a Match you could watch there.  (They have all the streaming sites so you could watch any Match you want, advertised or not.  When I left, they switched many of the TVs to the Serie A showdown between Inter Milan and AS Roma.)  So I wanted that one because I want to see some live events.  And she goes, Sure -- I'll change the TV up at the bar.  Not at a corner of the place where I can take out the biscuit and muffin I bought with wrappers clearly branded with the Chick-Fil-A logo and thus possibly garner the ire of the progressive/woke staff and patrons there.

But it's not like I own the place, so I said yes.  I was smart enough to at least take the food out of the Chick-Fil-A bag and put it in a heat-sealing one; I drove about 20 minutes from Chick-Fil-A to this pub/bar, so I needed to keep the food as hot as possible.  (Verdict, by the way: Not really.  It wasn't room temperature, but I can't remember any heat radiating from either biscuit or muffin.)  So I unwrapped first the biscuit and then, after I ate that, the muffin in the heat-sealing bag and placed it on the, ahem, Chick-Fil-A-branded napkin that I brought in with me.

Did it work?  Did anyone notice?

No comments:

Post a Comment