Sunday, October 23, 2022

This Is My Weekend

I don't know if there has ever been a season where both my alma mater's football team and my pro football team (the Vikings) both had their byes on the same weekend.  That means there is no party to organize and show up for, nor is there a Game I have to work.  This is ... noteworthy.

If this weren't pandemic times, I probably would jet off to St. Louis or some other city that's cheap to go to because Southwest held a sale.  Nevertheless, I want to note here that I was happy this weekend.  I chose not to go to work, even though (as far as I know) overtime is now offered on an open-ended basis.  I got my shot on Friday before going into work second shift.  After that, the time this weekend was mine.  Like I said in my previous blog post, I had planned on just sitting on my ass yesterday/Saturday (I should have said before that I wanted to do that because I got my shots and I wanted to take it easy the day after), but the opportunity to clear the yards of excess leaves before what may be a decreasing chance of rain over the next few days forced me to not engorge in college football all day.

I woke up this morning very early to watch EPL downtown.  I would never wake up early on a weekend morning when I don't have to do anything unless I wanted to, and I want to watch EPL downtown.  I planned on making myself a Tequila Sunrise in the 11 o'clock hour, before the NFL started, but I grocery shopped for a smoothie before coming home just before noon.  And then the effect of waking up at 7 a.m. got to me; I took a nap some time just after noon and came to at a quarter to 3, I think just after Dallas defeated Detroit.  Drinking the Tequila Sunrise now, but I plan on finally taking a shower at 6 (or after the Chiefs-49ers Game, whichever is later), before getting to the Cannons concert tonight.  Yes, I am going downtown twice today.  Thought that might not be the smartest thing to do, but like I said, it's my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment