Monday, October 10, 2022

Penultimate Warm Day, Which I Cannot Enjoy

Officially, as I type this (a bit past 5 p.m.), Channel 11 says we have reached 71.  It's supposed to reach 80 tomorrow, but then there's a storm, followed by a big cooldown, and I don't know if it's going to be that hot/warm for the rest of the year.

It was gorgeously sunny.  Dry, too.  Seeing the sun dapple through the changing leaves, man, it was beautiful.  Too bad I only was able to enjoy nature as I walked the three or so blocks from my car to Centro and back.  I woke up a bit past 8 to the sound of the sprinkler system operating for the final time this season.  I took today off because the guy who's supposed to blow out the system was coming by, just didn't know when.  He got her a quarter till noon; the only productive thing I did was eat Cuban toast that was a make-up for the waitress at Victor's 1959 Cafe putting in my order incorrectly.  After that guy got done winterizing the sprinklers, I could tell ******e that I could go over to her hotel so she could give me a handjob.  I got gasoline and lottery tickets slips after that, and while I wish it were earlier, I had plenty of time to have a late lunch/early dinner and get tickets for Father.  After I get done with this, I'll crash for about an hour, then go watch The Seventh Seal for the first time ever.  Go home, use the lime juice I have sitting in the fridge for a late cocktail, maybe do more laundry, then finally gear up for work tomorrow.

Nope, no nature anywhere in that rundown of my day.  No enjoying the next-to-last warm day of 2022, no sirree (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment