Saturday, November 30, 2019

Assholes All Day, Man

Sometimes the lab is expecting something from me, but when there isn't anything from me because there's no work, I've been trained to e-mail that there is not anything coming.  This something has to come by 11 o'clock Saturdays, and once I forgot to e-mail and someone from the lab e-mailed me saying hey, where's thing something.

OK, so there's nothing of this something today, because it's the Saturday after Thanksgiving and there's no work.  (I was able to clean my desk in this department and stretch my day till 1:30.)  So I do the courteous thing and alert these people not to expect anything.  That's all I did.  So I get this bitchy message back saying ... well, I don't think I can divulge this particular piece of information, but she basically said, "I already told you we don't have anything for you."  OK, I kind of screwed up last week by asking if they have something for me when they never have something for me on Saturdays, so maybe that's behind the bitchy tone.  Or there is no bitchy tone because you can't tell tone through e-mail.  But when the person capitalizes the word "NOT," my ears prick up.  Because I don't think all caps is all that professional.

That reminds me: A couple months ago I took in a phone interview from a temp agency.  I promised to send my interviewer an updated resume.  I should update and send it.

I can imagine blowing up on her if she brings it up.  Then again, I need to know who the hell this person is.

---

Oh, I bought something to eat while watching the Gophers-Badgers Game.  Didn't know what I wanted, but then I remembered Jimmy John's is advertising this smaller sub for three bucks.  I go in, forgetting that I usually get indifferent, if not shitty, customer service.

And that's what I got.  The lazy asshole mumbled my total, and when I asked my receipt, he bitched at me: "You'll get it with your sandwich."  Oh, excuse me, sorry, how elitist of me.  Dumbass needs to be fired.

I have heard of the quote that comes from the TV character Raylan Givens of the show Justified:
If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole.  If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.
Nah, not me.  I ran into two assholes in the late morning/early afternoon, so they're the assholes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment