Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Winter Ain't No Thing With A Snowblower That Works

Was thinking/praying all day at work that the snowblower would work.  I would try and dig my way out of six inches (I measured that this morning; the official report closest to me had 8 1/2") if I had to, but I really, really didn't want to.

Once I got home I plugged the thrower in.  I had to dig out the instructions to re-remember how to turn it on, or at least try to turn it on.  And I hit the electric start button and ... it fired up immediately.  And unlike some times before, it did not poop out in the middle of my driveway clearing job.  I plowed the snow until it was all gone.  And that includes the snow I pulled down from the roof with the roof rake.  The driveway is totally clean.

Once again, I confess that I felt like a total man when operating a snowblower.  Totally got a hard dick.  (No, I didn't, but I felt masculine, totally masculine.)  And my reticence in a previous blog post about regretting living here in the winter was sucked up by an augur and flung off through a chute onto the front yard.

Now let's hope the snowblower doesn't follow a pattern like winters past where I tonight was the only time all winter it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment