Monday, November 25, 2019

This Is It (Plus An Aside)

Kind of got stood up at ****e's place this morning.  Opened up the door and let myself in.  The dogs were barking; the last couple time she ushered them downstairs to the roommate below, so that was the first sign something was afoot.  The second sign was her not showing up for the half-hour-plus I was there.  I want to blog about this in the future, but not right now.  I will say that I left a note, then left.  She called me while I was at the Megamall saying that she overslept.  I told her I was on my way home (kind of a lie), and I'll catch her the next time ... which won't be before winter finally comes in with the advent of the first snowstorm that is coming tomorrow night.

I have been feeling a low, subterranean level of anxiety over this blizzard -- and it sounds like it will be bad.  Forecasting when it comes to snow has been really good in recent years, and last/Sunday night the Weather Service put up a Winter Weather Watch for a wide swath of the area, with the Twin Cities right in the heart of it.  Initial snow totals for these parts, according to the tweet I saw: Half a foot.  And forecasts since then have only raised the total, to nine inches.

I was driving out of the Megamall after using a coupon at Hooters when I noticed something.  It was the perfect weather day for me -- overcast to being at the point of dreadfully dark without it being actual night, and temperatures in the lower forties.  When I got home I took a picture of my street, looking down both ends, and I thought to myself, "Golly, this is the perfect weather day."  But anyway, back to the Megamall.  I felt so grateful that, if I couldn't fuck ****e and stay in her bed all day, at least I was able to appreciate this weather.

And then it hit me: Assuming this snowstorm doesn't miraculously miss us, we're getting a ton of this crap.  And unless there's a different miracle whereby the temperatures get so above freezing it melts all the snow, snow will stick around starting from tomorrow until the spring.  And so what I saw in front of me as I was driving out of MOA -- the cloudy skies, the breathable air and, most importantly, the sidewalks free of snow and ice that'll cause you to slip and fall -- became ephemeral, fragile, something that will fade into the recesses of my memory.  There will be days this winter where the skies will be this overcast, and even some days that get above 40.  But the snow and ice will be there.  And that ruins everything.  So what I saw this afternoon will be the last time I see that, exactly that, exactly that perfect, until next late fall.  And now I'm sad.

---

Since I couldn't fuck ****e, I kind of did the desperate thing and invited ****y over to the house so I could fuck her instead.  A man has needs.  I was intending on sinking my cock into somebody, and now it'll be someone different.  Hope ****y doesn't bring her family to rob me.

No comments:

Post a Comment