Sunday, November 24, 2019

A Surfeit Of Bananas

I have ... let me check ... a dozen, exactly twelve bananas in my fridge right now.  Father goddamn bought two bunches before they fucking left and saddled me with them.  I was able to eat one on Thursday and one on Friday as part of the cereal I ate before leaving for work (I was filling in for someone and thus shifted to a 9-5:30 work shift, and my body woke up in time for me to actually have breakfast), but I haven't had the time to eat them, nor do I want to.  The skin is browning quickly despite me throwing them into the refrigerator in order to slow down the ripening process.  But do I want to eat bananas?  No.

Been thinking about donating them to a food shelter, even though you aren't supposed to donate perishable food.  Goddamn parents fucking food they won't eat.  What a fucking waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment